IMPORTANT: All players are to adhere to the COVID-19 laws set by the Victorian Government.
Saturday’s at 1pm at FGTC or BLTC lawn courts (depending on court availability)
Start 7th November : End date TBD (dependent on number of players)
Each week at Noon on Wednesday a call for players will go out to the group via What’sApp. You will have 24 hours to indicate your availability to play.
Multiples of four players are required each week. First in first served. If we have an odd number of players the last two players to enter will play one singles match only. Players can play every week, or when it suits them
Format & Draw
- 1 x doubles match each Saturday (for more details see below)
- 1 x singles match each Saturday (for more details see below)
You will receive a different doubles partner and play different opponents each week. You will also play a different person in singles (from the double pairing) each week. The aim is for you to play everyone at last once in doubles and singles. The Bendigo Tennis Club will set the draw each week based on available players.
You will receive points for each match you play. The more matches you play the more points you earn. Your doubles and singles points will be added together each week and included in the weekly ladder.
For Finals details see below.
1 x Doubles match
Players will play one best of 3 set doubles.
- A set is completed when one player wins 6 games by a margin of 2 games. If the set score reaches 6-6, a 7-point tiebreaker is played to determine the winner of that set. If a third set is required, a 10-point super tiebreaker is to be played.
1 x Singles match
Players will play one best of 8 game singles set.
- A set is completed when one player wins 8 games by a margin of 2 games. If the set score reaches 8-8, a 10-point tiebreaker is played to determine the winner of that set.
Players receive points based on the set scores of their matches.
Calculating Points for your DOUBLES match
The Winning Player/s Receives
- 12 points for a 3 set double win
- 14 points for a 2 set double win
The Losing Player/s Receives
- One point for each game won in their two double sets, up to a maximum of 8 points per match.
Example match score: 6-4, 6-2
- Winners receive 14 points each
- Losers receive 6 points each
Example match score: 6-4, 5-7, 10-6 (super tie-break)
- Winners receive 12 points each
- Losers receive 8 points each
Calculating Points for your SINGLES match
The Winning Player Receives
- 10 points for a win
The Losing Player Receives
- One point for each game won (maximum of 8 points)
B grade or above level players are preferred. All players must be eligible to play at the FGTC.
Each player has two leave passes to use during the season if needed. These can be used for injury or unavailability. A leave pass will automatically assign you 10 points for your doubles match and 6 points for your singles match for that week. These scores will be added to your cumulative season score.
$10 per player/ per week (to cover cost of balls)
Court Hire and Balls
- Courts to be booked by the Bendigo Tennis Club
- Balls to be supplied by the Bendigo Tennis Club
Win by Default (injury, forfeit or cancellation)
- Winning player/s receives 14 points for doubles match and 10 points for singles match
- Losing player receives 0 points
If play is washed out prior or during play zero points will be awarded.
The winning player/s is responsible for posting the scores to BTC WhatsApp group.
The Finals will be played once all round robin matches are complete.
The top 4 players will qualify to play finals.
- Player 1 and Player 4 will play Player 2 and Player 3 in the doubles final
- Player 1 and Player 2 will play each other in the singles final
*If two players finish on equal points the winner will be the player with the the least number of games against them.
The Bendigo Tennis Club Saturday Round Robin rules are subject to change at any point. Here’s hoping we get through the tourney without any hiccups, but if we need to make changes to keep the tourney running we will.
Play fierce but have fun. Unsporting behaviour will not be tolerated against your opponent 😠.
May the best player win!
BTC Tennis Organising Committee (v1.0)